"I tell my students, ‘When you get these jobs that you have been so brilliantly trained for, just remember that your real job is that if you are free, you need to free somebody else. If you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else. This is not just a grab-bag candy game."
Anonymous asked: my mcdonalds is so cheap?
- pay a non-liveable wage to their employees and farmers
- genetically modify their vegetables and fruits to grow more and cheaply
- feed their cows, chicken, and other animals genetically modified corn instead of their natural diet (since corn is cheaper, and can be imported instead of like grass where it has to be maintained and grown on the farm)
- genetically modify and treat their food so it last longer thereby lowering production and expanding their expiration date
- they purposefully have all their farming done in countries where the natives are starving/in poverty so they are forced to work in any wage or condition
- use lethal poisons to destroy the 800 square miles of forest a year to produce their food-packaging products
- their 1/4 lbs burger is 48% water to reduce meat cost
- open stores in generally poor areas to exploit the lower-income citizens
- they do not allows unions for their workers
- they employee only part time to keep the wages low